Christ & Holy Trinity engages in many events during the year and we invite you to join us. Please contact the event coordinator or for more information, please call the church office.
The Memorial Day Parade - May 27 beginning at 9:00 a.m. - passes by the church every year. We invite all members of the parish to an informal breakfast before (starting at 8:30), during and after the parade at 65 Myrtle Avenue, Emily Sieracki and Andrew van Hise’s home. All are welcome! Children, dogs, bicycles, balloons are encouraged.
Parish Picnic - June 2 - follows the 9:30 a.m. service
Confirmation - June 19 - during the 9:30 a.m. Service
Vacation Bible School (VBS) - June 24-28, 2013
- Coordinator: Jen Kepner
- This year we are partnering with St. Luke’s in Darien for VBS. Visit the Marketplace in Athens! Imagine leaving a life of privilege and power to face angry mobs, painful imprisonment, and chain-breaking earthquakes – all to spread the life-changing truth of God’s love. Hear from Paul himself! Paul will inspire kids to share the truth of God’s immeasurable love today! Children will perform Friday, June 28, at 12:00 noon and picnic with parents afterwards. Campers age 2-grade 5. Older children may serve as CITs and assistants. Tuition is $175 per child (scholarships are available; speak to Jen Kepner or Mother Emily). A bus will leave CHT at 8:15 a.m. for Darien and return at 12:30 p.m. Forms are at the back of the church, Church School, and the church office.
High School Youth Mission Team Trip - June 23-30, 2013
- Coordinator: Kimberly Andrews, Youth Minister
- Christ & Holy Trinity Church has organized a High School Youth Mission Team trip to the Dominican Republic. They will depart the CHT parking lot around 2:00 a.m. Sunday, 23 June 2013, to drive to NYC’s JFK airport for a flight that leaves at 5:45 a.m., arriving in Santiago, Dominican Republic at 9:12 a.m. local time. The youth will be working on debris removal and restoration projects. The Mission Team’s flight will leave Santo Domingo, DR at 6:31 p.m. on Sunday, 30 June 2013, arriving in New York City at 10:28 p.m. the next day. Please keep the Team in your thoughts and prayers for this week or Outreach.
Homes with Hope - ongoing
- Coordinator: Pam Troy-Kopack
- If you love to cook, come share your talents with our neighbors in need every month.
Habitat for Humanity – October 27
Coordinators: Randy Abrams and Matt Stickley
If you are handy, come help us build a new home.
CT Quest for Peace – November 3
Coordinator: Kerith Harding
Help us pack supplies for people in need in Nicaragua
Vital Voices – November 9
Coordinator: Sue Ryan
Hear Andeisha Farid speak to us about building her organization to support orphans in Afghanistan and her personal account of growing up as a refugee in Iran and Pakistan.
Bread for the World Day – November 18
Coordinator: Wynne Abrams
Learn more about Bread for the World and issues of national and global poverty after worship.
Thanksgiving and Christmas Feasts for our neighbors in need
Coordinator: Pamela Miano
Saugatuck Congregational Church will once again host their Thanksgiving Feast for the community at Christ & Holy Trinity. No more volunteers are needed - thank you so much! You may recall that Saugatuck Congregatonal Church suffered a terrible fire last year and is in the process of rebuilding the damaged church.
Gift of the Magi – Advent
Coordinators: Pamela Miano/Bev Hennemuth
Shop for families in need to make their Christmas joyous.
Saugatuck Congregational Church will also host their Christmas Feast for the community at Christ & Holy Trinity. No more volunteers are needed - thank you so much!
Lenten Programs 2013
Lenten Meditations. For many years, Christ & Holy Trinity has offered a book of meditations for each day in Lent. This year we are again offering meditations online at www.chtwestport.org and, in a limited number of copies, in print.
“What on Earth is the Church for?” Wednesdays, March 6, 13, and 20, 6:00-8:00 p.m. Simple supper of soup and bread, followed by simple Eucharist at our tables, and then by discussion of a series of provocative “conversations” formulated by Andover Newton Seminary Professor Anthony Robinson about God’s calling to the Church in our time and place. Several parishioners have previewed these conversations and most cordially recommend them. The evening concludes with a period of silent prayer. Led by the Interim Rector, Ben Brockman. Meets in the Servery and Library.
Present Church and Future Church
A series of discussions following the 9:30 service, in Branson Hall, each led by someone with particular expertise in the rapidly changing cultural landscape in which the Church — locally, nationally, and internationally — will be called to engage now and in the coming years.
With our search for the next rector of Christ & Holy Trinity in mind, these discussions will focus on critical questions:
- What is God’s Mission for the Church and the Parish in this decade?
- What is God up to in our time and place? Everyone attending Christ & Holy Trinity is urged to attend and participate in the discussions.
March 10 – Parish dynamics: mission, growth, size, hospitality, and worship. Led by the Rev. Dr. James B. Lemler, Rector of Christ Church, Greenwich; former seminary dean and widely published author of studies of congregational growth and transformation.
March 17 – Spirituality and stewardship: God’s call to faithful engagement in God’s mission. Led by the Rev. Terry Wysong, chair of the diocesan Stewardship Committee.
Christ & Holy Trinity Preschool’s annual Spring Benefit, “A Night in Old Havana” will be held on Friday, March 22nd in Branson Hall at CHT. This year it is being headed by Loren Cornette. If you would like to attend, please contact her and she will make sure you receive an invitation.
Adult Forum: April 14 - “Competent Clergy, Leadership, and Emotional Intelligence,” led by the Rev. Molly James, Ph.D., Secretary of the Diocese and of the Diocesan Executive Council. With degrees in psychology (Tufts), divinity (Yale), and theology (Exeter, UK), she is an adjunct professor at Hartford Seminary and the University of St. Joseph. She recently served on the diocesan commission charged with re-thinking the ordination processes for deacons and priests, and on Sundays serves parishes in the Middlesex Cluster.
Midnight Run - Friday, May 10, 2013
Coordinator: Kimberly Andrews
We’ll gather and pack food to help the homeless in New York City
Christ & Holy Trinity Church, 75 Church Lane, Westport CT 06880, 203/227.0827